Thursday, November 10, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to the Broke Single Mom blog!

I started this blog as a way to keep in contact with my readers. I am so not a savvy social networker so I don't tweet and I don't have a facebook, I know I know, how can I not?

I thought long and hard about it and decided that the best and most comfortable way for me to connect directly with my readers was a blog that gives the Haps on my writing. You can email me directly at brokesinglemombooks@yahoo.com or simply leave a comment on any post and I'll get back to ya.

I am excited to say that I have uploaded my very first ebook for sale at Amazon and Barnes and Noble today:)

They are both in the "processing" stage and should be available for purchase within the next 24-72 hours. This has been a long time coming because as a fellow broke single mom you know that while we all have dreams to give our children a better life and find our passion (to be able to ditch the 9-5), we rarely have any spare time to make that a reality. What takes others a few weeks in terms of writing can take me months to accomplish because I just don't have the same help.

There is no handsome hubby waiting in the wings to whip up dinner and check homework while I take a couple of hours a day to write. No six-pack ab prince to tell me that I can quit my job to write full time while we live on his income, I wish it was so, but alas it is not. At least not right now. See, I'm hopeful.

I have been wanting to write this particular book, "Broke Single Mom: The $750 Budget Vacation - No Camping required" for over 2 years now. And I am beyond ecstatic to finally have it done. Woo - Hoo!

I've actually decided to make it into a series of Broke Single Mom books giving advice and showcasing what my friends and I have done over the years to have a champagne lifestyle on a soda pop budget.

From travel and dinner parties to dressing for less and giving fabulous Christmas gifts. From starting a business to getting low cost or free child care. If there is a way to do it on a dime, we have found it. And I will be sharing these juicy tidbits with all of you in my books and on my blog.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment